The WordPress theme development community has been busy this month, because there have been a whole lot of fantastic new themes released in August! Looking to build a new – and responsive – WP website for your own business, or for a client? We’ve selected a few of our favorites, based on design and functionality, and ranked them by price to help you get started.
SmartClean : $29
Designed with cleaning companies in mind, SmartClean is a fantastic and affordable option for any small service business looking for a simple website that’s easy to navigate and aesthetically pleasing.
- Easy, one-click installation
- Flexible customization options
- Built with HTML5 and CSS3
- Visual Composer support
- Hover effects and animations
- Inbuilt swiper and revolution sliders
- Shortcode builder
- Google webfonts integration
SmartClean is available from ThemeForest for just $29 on a regular license. Take the live preview for a spin now to decide if this theme is right for your business.
Aahva : $49
An ideal theme for bloggers who love showcasing their content in creative ways, Aahva features a modern and simple design, tons of customization options, and clever social media integrations to help you build your audience.
- One click demo data import for easy installation
- Built on the Bootstrap 3 Framework
- 3 layout options and inbuilt post layout styles
- Inbuilt related posts functionality
- Inbuilt custom widgets for Instagram and recent posts
- Sticky header on scroll
- Translation ready
- Shortcodes integrations
Aahva is available from Mojo Marketplace for just $49 on a single domain license. Take it for a test drive via the live demo to get a feel for its functionality and style.
Mimosa : $59
Developed specifically for WooCommerce users looking to launch or redevelop an online retail store, Mimosa ticks all the boxes when it comes to style, functionality, and ease of use. Perfect for fashion businesses, it’s also versatile enough to work for retail startups and companies across a range of niches, including homewares, accessories, furniture, gifting and any other product range that lends itself to a visual store.
- One click install of demo content
- Visual composer drag-and-drop builder
- 3 distinctive homepage layout styles to suit your aesthetic
- Boxed and stretched layout options
- Custom typography and unlimited color options
- Unlimited portfolio pages and Ajax portfolio support
- Google Fonts and Font Awesome integrations
- Lazy loading of product thumbnails for increased speed
- Product wishlist and comparison integration
Mimosa is available from ThemeForest for just $59 on a regular license. Test drive it via one of three live demos.
RyanZoom : $75
Built as a portfolio template for photographers, RyanZoom packs a punch with functionality that will appeal to anyone looking to create a visually appealing website with a focus on imagery.
- Flexible drag-and-drop builder
- Streamlined installation via the setup wizard
- Multiple layout options
- Save your favorite layouts in a built-in library to re-use later
- Inbuilt content modules, including bar counters, maps, sidebars, countdown timers and more
- Live customizer and editor
- Google fonts integration
RyanZoom is available from TemplateMonster for just $75 on a single site license. Check out the live demo now to see it in action.
Ascendio : $75
There’s been a shift away from corporate-looking themes in recent years – but for some businesses, projecting a corporate image isn’t just a default choice… it’s a necessity! Thankfully, corporate doesn’t have to equate to boring – which is where themes like Ascendio step in. Blending qualities traditionally associated with a corporate-styled website with modern style elements and functionality, this theme is a fantastic choice for lawyers, accountants, brokers, advisors – and any other professionals who want to project a corporate look with a contemporary flavor.
- Drag-and-drop front-end page builder
- User friendly and flexible for customization
- Intuitive admin interface
- Numerous header and footer layouts
- Google Fonts integration
- Built-in plugins, such as client testimonials
- Clean, minimalist design
Ascendio is available from TemplateMonster (and is currently ranked as one of their best sellers!) for just $75 on a single site license. Head to the live demo now and take a gander.
Creative Core : $89
Developed for – you guessed it! – creatives, Creative Core is a multi-purpose theme that features slick and contemporary design and comes prepacked with all the features you’d expect from a modern template. A great choice for marketing agencies, it would also suit creative companies with a focus on innovation and service products.
- One-click installation
- Drag-and-drop visual page builder
- Customizable sliders, and revolution and layers premium sliders included FREE
- Built-in shortcodes for maps, lists, tables, buttons and more
- Unlimited color customization options
- WooCommerce compatible for your online store
- Robust backup options, including automated backups
- SEO friendly
Creative Core is available from ThemeFuse from just $89 on a personal use license. Check it out for yourself now via the live demo.