The key to running a successful law firm is promoting your legal services. For example, if you are a commercial litigation attorney or have commercial litigation attorneys in your law firm, you need to create an effective marketing strategy for that specific niche so your business can thrive.
Having good law firm marketing will cultivate new business and attract new clients. It is important to have a manageable level of client activity so you can make money.
We will guide you through 11 great tactics on how to market your law firm, how to define your goals, create your marketing strategy, and execute it.
1. Define Your Goals
The first step of successful marketing is to define your goals. Your goals should be:
- Measurable: A measurable goal is trackable. You need the necessary tools to quantify it. For example, if your goal is to have 10 new clients every month, you can use tracking software to see if you have met your goal at the end of the month.
- Specific: Your goal should be clear. With a specific and clear goal, you can stay focused on the job. For example, your specific and precise goal is to get 2,000 new visitors to your website.
- Relevant: Your goal should be relevant. Don’t waste your time on marketing activities that will not help you with your goal. For example, if your clients are over 50 years old then marketing on TikTok is probably not a good idea.
- Attainable: Your goal should be realistic. For example, expecting 2,000 new visitors to your website is a realistic and attainable goal. Expecting 2 million new visitors to your website is not.
2. Build Your Brand
Due to the nature of law practice, marketing can be challenging. That is why it is essential to build your brand. A strong brand will help you get the right type of client for your practice.
The first step is to establish what your vision statement is. Think about the values your law firm represents. Then, find out what your value proposition is. This will set apart your law firm from the rest.
3. Demonstrate Your Credibility And Authority
A good law firm’s marketing strategy should include active and passive marketing activities. Active marketing requires action like networking, selective advertising, etc. Passive marketing is website copy and design. Both types of marketing have to help you build the authority and credibility for your law firm.
4. Client Testimonials
Showing your good reviews and testimonials from your clients on your website is essential. Make sure they are easy to read and that they stand out.
On your website, you should provide legal content in a form of a blog or an article. Focus on a law niche that you practice, a field of your expertise. In today’s world, content is the king.
6. Attorney Biographies
It is essential to highlight your team. On your website, there should be engaging biographies of your attorneys with their educational background, experience, and a photo. This will show your visitors that your law firm is approachable and can provide support.
7. Social Media Marketing
Let us not forget how social media is important in business marketing. We don’t necessarily recommend TikTok, but LinkedIn and a Facebook account will help you to stay connected with your clients.
8. Email Marketing
Email marketing is one of the most important marketing strategies for your law firm. Despite the popularity of social media, email remains the most effective way to reach your existing and potential clients.
9. Local SEO
The most important feature of local SEO is Google My Business Listing. This business listing is for free and it connects your law firm instantly to Google Maps and Google Search results.
10. Media PR
The media often requires the opinion of professional attorneys for the news. This is considered a free PR for your law firm. Your business can potentially earn backlinks that will rank you higher in search. Also, media PR is a very powerful tool for boosting your brand.
Many types of businesses use webinars as a marketing tactic but for some reason, law firms don’t. Webinars are effective for reaching out to new clients, improving client relationships, starting conversations, answering questions, and educating the target audience.
The Bottom Line
In the nutshell, begin your law firm marketing by creating a website that will make a strong impression on your brand and attract new clients. From there, add our suggested marketing tactics. This will help you grow your business.