Instagram experienced a huge amount of growth in the last few years, with some interesting new statistics coming to the fore. If you plan on implementing Instagram into your brand’s marketing strategy in 2023, it’s vital that you know as much about the social media sharing app as possible.
Let’s check out what we think are the most important Instagram stats for 2023.
Instagram officially turned 10 years old in 2020, having launched back in October 2010. By December of the same year, more than one million people had made a profile.
- Instagram is in the top ten of visited websites
In fact, Instagram comes in at sixth. While it might be mainly used as an app, it’s still a hugely popular website as you can see.
- Instagram is popular on Google
Instagram is the 9th most popular Google search, and while Facebook, Amazon and YouTube are still ahead, this is a pretty bit accomplishment.
- Instagram has the 4th most users of any app
Instagram has the 4th most users of any mobile app that you can download for your smartphone. This means that it bears more weight than its website visits.
- More than one billion people are on Instagram each month
This means that it is the second most popular social media networking site, right behind Facebook.
- Most users outside of America
In fact, 88% of Instagram users area actually outside of America, even though America is one of its largest audiences. India has 120 million Instagrammers, while Brazil has 95 million Instagrammers.
- Instagram has 140 million users in the United States
Instagram is 140 million strong in America, which means that its U.S. audience represents just 12% of all users.
- 14% of American adults don’t know what Instagram is
Instagram does have a huge reach in the States, but this doesn’t mean that everyone knows about it.
- Instagram’s engagement in Western Europe increased 17% in 2020
Yes, Instagram has made a huge splash in America, but this doesn’t mean that its user base isn’t growing in other parts of the world as well.
- The highest engagement reach for a country is Kazakhstan with 72%
This country might not have the most Instagram users out of all the countries out there, but per capita it does.
There are 51% female users on Instagram, and 49% male. This makes it pretty even, even though there are slightly more females using it.
- 5% of under 12’s use Instagram
5% of all children in America that are under 12 use Instagram. However, Instagram’s guidelines say that you need to be at least 13 years old to have a profile.
- The average time spent is 30 minutes a day
This is across the platform of Instagram users. This is an increase of 4 minutes a day from 2019. It doesn’t sound like a lot, but it is.
- 200 million Instagrammers check out business profiles
200 million Instagrammers check out a business profile on Instagram every day. This is a large portion of Instagrammers.
- 81% of Instagrammers user Instagram for product reviews
81% of people on Instagram use the platform to find out more about a product that they might be interested in.
- 130 million Instagrammers interact with shopping posts each month
Instagram is a bit platform when it comes to brands marketing their products, which is why 130 million Instagrammers interact with a shopping post every month.
- 50% of Instagrammers like the Explore Page
50% of Instagram profiles out there interact with the Explore Page every month to discover new content that they might be interested in.
California’s most-mentioned holiday cookie is gingerbread, while over in New York it’s sugar cookies. This kind of stat is important for a marketer, so that you know what people prefer in terms of cookies based on where they are located.
- Instagram is used as a news source by 11% of users
Instagrammers don’t really like to get their news from Instagram, but this number is sure to rise.
- 1% of Instagrammers only use Instagram
Most Instagrammers have a Facebook and a Twitter as well.
- Memes are really popular on Instagram
In fact, more than one million Instagram posts every day mention the word ‘meme’.
- 500 million Instagrammers use Instagram Stories every day
This is a lot of people using Instagram Stories every day, and a lot of opportunity for your brand to connect with your target audience.
- 58% of people like Instagram Stories for products
It has been said that 58% of people become more interested in a product or service once they have viewed it in Instagram Stories.
- 50% of Instagrammers buy through Instagram Stories
50% of people have visited a brand’s website and bought a product because they saw it on their Stories.
- Brand Stories have an 86% completion rate
This means that 86% of brand Stories have marketing success, which is pretty impressive.
- 61% of Instagrammers support small businesses
61% of Instagrammers used the ‘support small businesses’ sticker on their Stories in its first month.
- 90% of Instagrammers follow a business page
This is an impressive number, and it means that you have a real shot of connecting with your target demographic on Instagram through your business page.
- 36.2% of B2B marketers use Instagram
36.2% of B2B marketers make the most of Instagram to look for a new product or service. This is why Instagram is such a relevant tool for business.
29. Instagram business pages posting once a day
The average Instagram business page posts once a day.
- Instagram business accounts grow by 1.46% a month
Instagram business profiles grow by 1.46% of their total followers every month.
- Instagram business posts get 0.96% engagement
The average engagement rate for a business Instagram post is 0.96 of the total follower count.
- 55% of people shopping for fashion-related products have made a purchase
55% of people shopping in the fashion category have made their purchase because of an Instagram post.
- Half of Instagram users become interested in a brand through Instagram
50% of Instagram users say that they are more interested in a brand once they have seen it on Instagram.
- Instagram’s marketing potential is in the billions
Instagram’s marketing reach is 1.16 billion users currently.
- Instagram marketers have a huge youth audience
More than 83 million people aged between 13 to 17, to be exact.
- Instagram’s earnings were more than $18 billion in 2020
And this is just from ads. The exact number is $18.16 billion. This is up from just $9.45 billion in 2019.
- Millions of businesses use Instagram Stories for ads
4 million businesses use their Instagram Stories feature to market their products every month.
- Mobile ads are more popular
Mobile ads for Instagram Stories are more popular – 63% more popular.
- Stories ads with text outperform ads without text
Stories ads outperform other ads that don’t have text by 75%.
- Stories ads do better with a call-to-action
Stories ads perform better with a call-to-action 89% of the time.
- How-to tutorials are really popular
In fact, how-to tutorials are the most popular content on Instagram when it comes to video content in general.
- IGTV videos appear larger in the Explore Page
IGTV videos are larger than photos in the Explore Page – four times larger.
- IGTV captions can be written in 16 languages
Captions are an important part of an ad, which means good business.
- NFL does better with reels
NFL’s reels generate 67% more engagement than conventional video posts.
If you want to save time managing your Instagram presence, then check out our features here at Task Ant.
We can help you with every aspect of your Instagram’s growth, from your hashtags to your engagement. Good luck!