Updating the TikTok app comes with many benefits not limited to enhanced user experience and improvement in security measures.
On the other hand, many users skip this step for one reason: they do not know how to do it!
If only you had known how easy it is to do this, you would have done it regularly in the past. No regrets, you still have time.
Follow our guide on how to update TikTok and see your app run with no bugs in no time.
How to Update TikTok
Having a well-maintained app is one key to increasing your popularity on TikTok.
This way, you can create better content by making use of the app’s new features to your advantage.
Another way to achieve the coveted ‘influencer status’ is to buy TikTok followers from a trusted site. This is fast, easy, and effective!
To start with your quest towards TikTok popularity, here is how to update TikTok using our easy-to-follow guide.
For Android users:
1. Go to Google Play Store. The only way to update the TikTok app for Android users is through the Play Store
2. After opening the app, type ‘TikTok’ on the search bar and press ‘Enter’. The short video sharing app will show
3. Tap on the TikTok app and click ‘Update’ beside the ‘Uninstall’ label. The ‘Update’ button will only be available if TikTok has released new updates on the app
4. After clicking, the update will begin automatically. Once done, the app will run the new updates and fix previous errors even without notification
For iPhone Users
1. Go to Apple App Store
2. Type ‘TikTok’ on the search bar
3. Tap the TikTok app on the search result and click ‘To Update.’ Note that this button will only be available if TikTok posts new updates that are still not in your app
Automatic Updates for TikTok on Android and iPhone
For both Android and iPhone users, there are cases when automatic updates are part of your settings.
This is convenient for users who do not have the liberty to check every now and then if their apps are running the latest version.
To set automatic updates for Android users, go to Play Store and click on settings.
Proceed with ‘Network Preferences’ and select ‘Automatic App Update.’
Select between using mobile data for updates or WiFi only.
Once done, click ‘Finish’ and Play Store will automatically update your apps, including TikTok, without the need for manual checking.
To set automatic updates for iPhone users, go to your phone’s settings.
Scroll and look for ‘iTunes Store and App Store’ and select ‘Automatic Updates.’ Click the button on the right to activate this feature.
Benefits of Updating Mobile Applications
Little known to many, updating mobile applications is not only limited to having granted access to some of the platform’s newest features.
There is more to it! Listed below are the benefits of updating mobile applications regularly.
1. Enjoy Smooth Running of Applications
Ever noticed why some apps, after some time of usage, run sluggishly? You are not alone.
This problem is experienced by millions of mobile users worldwide, especially those who do not update their digital applications.
Updating regularly eliminates bugs which are the reason why apps crash or get stuck often.
Updates often come with bug fixes so the app can run smoothly with no problem.
2. Improvement of Security
Improvement of security might be the most important advantage that comes with an update.
When an application gets updated often, hackers will have a hard time getting around your ever-changing protocol.
Meanwhile, outdated versions are easier to penetrate as hackers know how to get around outdated cybersecurity styles.
For those that put huge importance on their personal information in the TikTok world, the best and easiest way to do it is to update the app!
3. Savor the Benefits of New Features
Of course, there are the benefits of new features that come with every update. Always be on the lookout for digital trends and ride the tide.
Or else, you will be the only person in your group who cannot use TikTok’s 10-minute video feature!
New Updates on TikTok in 2022
TikTok is an innovative platform and invests greatly in features it sees could enhance user experience.
Here are TikTok’s most important updates on the first half of 2022:
- Users can now make ‘longer short videos.’ Earlier this year, TikTok extended its maximum time limit to 10 minutes. It has gone a long way from its sole 15-second option during its initial years
- Reposting on TikTok. The app has rolled out a ‘repost’ feature, letting users share a video on their ‘For You’ page to the ‘For You’ page of their mutual friends. Unfortunately, users from some countries claim to have lost the repost feature and TikTok has not yet confirmed if it is gone for good
- The second leg of the ‘What’s Next’ report. TikTok has updated on the second part of its ‘What’s Next’ project to help marketers create better targeted ads on the platform this year. The report includes industry-relevant hashtags that are popular among TikTok users and tips for brands on different categories people love on the platform
- TikTok Instant Page. This new feature is designed to enhance e-commerce exchange on the platform by introducing a fast-loading shopping display option that can load 11 times faster than regular mobile pages. Instant Page viewers can view images, videos, and carousels which also measures the efficacy of marketing campaigns on the app in terms of traffic, conversion, reach, and views.
This guide on how to update TikTok is helpful for those with no idea about the importance of updating mobile applications regularly.
Being in the zone not only helps you keep up with the latest trends but also enhances your security while using the app and lets you enjoy a smooth-running application.
Remember to always update your TikTok or set your settings to allow for automatic updates! Enjoy TikTok’s newest features while ensuring maximum protection at all times.