Instagram is mainly about video and photo sharing, but it also lets its users get in touch privately with people in the form of a direct message.
You can use the direct message feature on mobile and computer, which means that you can take it wherever you go.
Instagram recently introduced an online status feature, so that you can see who is currently online, and who is offline.
It works similarly to Facebook, so that you can see who is currently available to message.
With features being introduced like this all the time, Instagram is maintaining its status as one of the most popular social media sharing apps in the world.
To begin exchanging messages with someone on Instagram, you will need to first send a message to them. If someone wants to reach out to you, they can do the same.
A direct message is an Instagram feature that lets people send private messages to one another. They can also send videos, links, and photos. They can even make video calls.
In this article, we’re going to talk about how to message on Instagram through your computer, versus the Instagram app. Let’s dive in.
How to Send Instagram DMs from Computer
Sending a message on Instagram through the Instagram app is pretty easy, and it’s not going to take a long time to work out. With just a couple of clicks, you can be well on your way to chatting with those closest to you.
- Open the Instagram app. At the top of your homepage to the right, you will see an icon that looks like an airplane. Select this.
- You will see a page that is called ‘direct’. This is your direct message page. This is where you can privately message someone, or you can send one message to a lot of people. With the latter option, you can do so only with people that you already follow on Instagram.
- To send a private message to someone, enter the person’s username in the search bar at the top. Once you have found the person that you want to message, write your message in the text box and then select ‘send’.
- Select the plus button and scroll down to find more people who you want to message.
You can also type someone’s username into the search bar if you know it.
- To create a group chat, add your chosen recipients to the message. You can also name the chat group if you like, but you don’t have to.
- You will be able to see if someone has read your message, if they have received your message, or if they haven’t even had a chance to check it out yet.
How to Message on Instagram Through Your Computer
These days, most people prefer to use the Instagram app, as opposed to using it on their desktop. However, for some reason, it might be more convenient for you to direct message people using your desktop and your keyboard.
Another reason why you might want to use Instagram through your computer is you might not have access to your phone at work. Of course, we don’t endorse that you spend time on Instagram at work, but this is still worth mentioning.
There are a couple of options to help you direct message through Instagram on your desktop, and these are Instagram for Windows 10, and BlueStacks. You will need to download either one of these in order to direct message through Instagram on your computer.
How to Direct Message on Instagram Through Your Computer Using Instagram for Windows 10
- Visit the Windows store and select the Instagram for Windows app.
- Install the software onto your PC.
- Access the app. Select the DM icon so that you can send a direct message to someone. Whenever you need to check your messages, you can come back to this icon and select it.
How to Direct Message on Instagram Through Your Computer Using BlueStacks
- Download BlueStacks from the official website and install it onto your computer.
- Select ‘finish’ once the installation is complete.
- A welcome screen will appear. Select the right arrow button.
- You will need to enter your Google account information. Finish the setup and select ‘search’.
- Put ‘Instagram’ into the search bar. The icon for the app will come up. Select this and you will be redirected to the Play Store where you can download the app.
- Install the Instagram app.
- Once you have installed the app, launch it and put in your Instagram login information.
- The Instagram app will open on your desktop and you can start using it straight away. Select the arrow icon to go to your messages.
So, there you have it; some simple, easy, and useful ways to direct message people on your computer. If you’ve always wondered how you can do this, now you know.
Yes, most of the time you will probably be on your Instagram profile through the Instagram app, but sometimes for various reasons, you will need to use it through desktop.
From a full-size keyboard to a bigger screen, direct messaging people through your computer is convenient and helpful, just like buying Instagram followers. Good luck!