Today, Twitter is one of the biggest social media platforms out there, which is part of the reasons why “How to hack Twitter accounts” is such a common Google search.
Celebrities, influencers, and fans all assemble on this microblogging platform to get across their views in only 140 characters.
Launched in 2006, Twitter has come a long way and garnered a massive user base, thanks to its unique features that are not found on other social networking sites.
However, with every social media platform, there comes the apprehension of getting hacked. Hackers are always looking for victims to attack and steal data.
And, unfortunately, Twitter is one of the easiest platforms to hack into.
That is why in this article, we’ll be talking about hacking Twitter accounts so that you are acquainted with how hackers do it.
Remember that the purpose of this article is not to encourage you to hack into other users’ accounts.
This is more of a cautionary article to make users understand how hacking can be done so that they can better protect themselves from such attacks.
Moreover, as long as you are not using the techniques mentioned here for unethical reasons, it is good to know how to hack into accounts, just in case it’s ever needed.
For instance, you could just want to make sure what your child is up to on Twitter and shield them from the many dangers that the internet poses.
So, without further ado, let us list some of the best ways you can hack into someone’s Twitter profile.
How to Secure Your Twitter Account
Before we list the ways for hacking into someone’s Twitter account, it is best if you learn some ways to protect your own account.
It is important to equip yourself with knowledge that can help you escape cyber-attacks or security threats, because you can never tell when these things will happen.
- Create a strong password: While it is easy to remember obvious passwords, accounts with such passwords are also unsurprisingly very easy to hack into. You should use a combination of numbers and symbols to make your password strong so that hackers have a more difficult time accessing it. Avoid using your birthday, age, or anything that other people might easily know. Use number combinations that mean something to you but might not be known by other people.
- Change your password often: Don’t think that your job is done once you have created a strong password and built a profile. You still run the risk of getting hacked. That is why you must keep changing your password periodically to throw off hackers who are trying to gain access to your account.
- Beware of third-party apps: If you use third-party applications often, you must know that some of these apps have a reputation for selling users’ data without their permission. By gaining permission to your Twitter app, they take control of your account information and put you at risk of getting hacked. Thus, if you wish to protect yourself from such problems, it is best to stay clear of third-party apps that are not that well-known.
- Use genuine antivirus software: In the pursuit of protecting your devices, don’t just blindly download any antivirus software because they might do more harm to your device than protect it. Moreover, install a genuine high-quality antivirus software that will protect your device from malware that can steal your personal information.
- Authentic login page: Always login to your account from https://Twitter.com/ and not any website link.
- Enable two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication is one of the best ways to protect your Twitter account from getting hacked. It essentially enables secondary verification, which means if someone is trying to get into your account, you’ll be notified about it.
- Monitor Twitter activity frequently: Oftentimes users don’t even know that their account is hacked until something drastic has happened. To avoid that, frequently monitor your Twitter profile and activity. Try to notice sudden changes that could be indicators, such as new or lost followers, new messages, or a lot of new tweets.
- Avoid clicking suspicious links: Do not randomly click any link you come across. This is especially applicable for DMs that you receive from unknown people. These could be phishing links that will lure you into giving up your Twitter credentials.
How to Hack Twitter Accounts in 2023
Now that we have listed a few ways you can protect your account from getting hacked, let us dig into the methods using which you can hack into Twitter profiles.
Keep in mind that you must not use these for dubious reasons. Let’s get started.
1. Hack Twitter Accounts Using xMobi
If the above-mentioned tricks are a bit too technical for you, the good news is that there is a tool that will do the job for you without you needing to know any technical skills.
xMobi is a great keylogger tool that can help you to monitor what someone writes inside their Twitter account.
If you’re a concerned parent who just wants to know what their children are up to on the social media platform, this software is a perfect choice for you.
The best part is that when you use this tool, there’s no need to get into the device of the target person. All you have to do is know the username of the person.
Moreover, the tool is one of the most affordable software in the market and gets the job done in a matter of minutes.
Some features of xMobi are:
- Works in stealth mode, which means that the target person will not know that you’re tracking them
- Tracks platforms other than Twitter, including Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok and Instagram
- Has GPS tracking feature, which lets you monitor the whereabouts of the target
- Allows you to track text messages, calls, and contact lists
2. Hacking Twitter Accounts by Guessing the Password
We’re going to start with one of the easiest ways to hack into someone’s Twitter account – by guessing passwords.
If you’re someone who lacks technical skills but still needs to look into someone’s account, this method can be useful.
But, remember that even though this method is easy in terms of technicality, the chances of you correctly guessing the password is slim.
Guessing passwords should be done cautiously because you will get only a few attempts before Twitter notifies the user of the account.
If the account you’re trying to hack into is someone you know, your job becomes 20 times easier.
If you’re aware of all their pet names, associated dates and relationships, you can use them to guess their password.
Regardless, go over the list below to find pointers to help you with password guessing.
- You can try out some common passwords. It could be that the target account doesn’t use a very strong password to shield itself. If that is the case, you could easily hack into their account by guessing some common passwords, such as 1234567,123123, password, or iloveyou. However, if you think that the person whose account you’re trying to hack is mindful about the security of their account, chances are that this trick will not work.
- If you think that there is a number in the password, try using 1 or 2 at the end of the password since these are very common numbers that a lot of users use. Additionally, if you believe there’s a chance that the user has used a capital letter in their password, it might be the first one.
- If you personally know the target person, you could try combinations of their city, birthdate, personal interests, or nicknames. Moreover, if there’s an option for a hint provided, use that and see if you can crack it.
3. Hacking Twitter Accounts By Phishing
Now, this is where things get a bit technical. Nevertheless, phishing is still one of the easiest ways to gain access to someone’s Twitter profile.
In this method, you’ll target the device of the user directly rather than trying to get into the server of Twitter.
You have to refer the target person to a fake webpage, which will resemble that of an actual webpage.
This way the target will be fooled into thinking that the webpage is real and consequently, enter their credentials and from there you can gain access to their account.
Now, in order to grab the attention of the target, send them an email or a SMS that will redirect them to the fake webpage.
You have to word those messages in such a way that will appear real. But, keep in mind that phishing hacks usually come with password reset links.
4. Hack Twitter Accounts By Social Engineering
Social engineering is a hacking method that uses research and psychology to trap victims into giving up their credentials.
Using social engineering can be a bit more time-consuming and laborious than other methods, but if you’re adamant about it, then you can get it done easily.
Social engineering entails scamming users into thinking that they’re being approached by official members of the platform.
For this method, you must possess adequate technical knowledge to successfully carry it out. First, you have to create a fake Twitter website that resembles the original one.
Next, you must create a fake email ID that is convincing. Do a bit of research and find a Twitter employee whom you can impersonate.
After that, reach out to the target person, convincing them that their account might be getting hacked, and ask them to verify their account using their credentials.
Send them the link for the fake website and once they log in, you will have access to their credentials.
5. Hack Twitter Accounts By Viewing Masked Passwords
Another way using which you can gain access to someone’s Twitter account is by viewing masked passwords.
Usually, when logging into a profile, Twitter or just about any other website chooses to hide your password with **** symbols.
You can easily reveal these masked credentials from the browser using these steps:
- Go to the Twitter password box and right-click on it.
- From the menu, choose ‘Inspect Element’ in order to get to the developer console window.
- Once you’re there, select the type password option and change it to type format.
If the target person has saved their credentials on their device, you can now easily reveal their password when trying to login.
6. Hack Twitter Accounts By Hacking The Email ID Associated With It
This trick can be a little bit difficult because before you can even gain access to someone’s Twitter account, you’ll have to hack their email to retrieve their password.
If you share an email ID with the target person, all you have to do is try to reset the password on Twitter and once you get a confirmation through the email ID, you can change the password to whatever you like.
You can then choose to delete the emails to avoid suspicion. However, if you don’t share the same email ID, you’ll have to be a bit more creative.
You can use phishing methods or social engineering to grab the credentials of their email ID.
Either way, once you have the details to their email, it’s pretty from there.
Below we have discussed some common questions and answers on how to hack into Twitter accounts.
Is It Moral to Hack Into Someone’s Twitter Account?
It depends on the purpose and context. If you are doing it to steal the personal information of the target person and put them at risk, it is definitely not ethical.
However, if it’s someone you know and care about, such as your children, it is fine to see what they are up to on these platforms.
With so many cyber-attacks happening, you never know what kind of dangers your loved ones can run into on the internet.
How Can I Know if My Twitter Account Is Hacked or Not?
As mentioned above, it can often be difficult to understand that your account has been hacked and before you can do anything about it, a lot of harm gets done.
Hence, it is advised to closely monitor your account. Enable two-factor authentication so that you get notified if someone’s trying to get into your account.
Keep an eye on your tweets and feed.
What to Do if Your Account Is Hacked?
Getting hacked is never a good experience because nobody wishes to get their personal information stolen.
However, in such moments, it is important to stay calm and not panic.
The first thing to do is immediately change your password. Next, you can notify Twitter and take their help in getting your account back.
Cyber security is becoming important day by day due to the innumerable security attacks that take place on the internet every second.
If you possess a bit of technical knowledge, learning to hack into Twitter accounts is not that difficult.
That is why we have come up with this how to hack Twitter accounts guide so that you know what you’re up against and how you can protect your loved ones on the internet.