Deleting videos on TikTok might be the easiest action you can do on the app.
The platform has made content deletion easy for users as it knows trends change fast and users will have a different feeling and appreciation of their videos made months or years ago.
This guide on how to delete videos on TikTok is easy to follow. Even beginner TikTok users will be able to do the steps with no problem.
Also, there is a way how to grow TikTok followers without needing to have the most-viewed content.
Follow this link to buy TikTok followers and see your fanbase expand.
How to Delete Videos on TikTok
Sadly, TikTok does not allow users to delete their videos all at once.
It would have been a life-saver, but also it comes with a huge risk of deleting all of your content when you clicked the wrong button.
Lucky for you, deleting individual videos is very easy! Each does not take more than three minutes to do.
Follow this guide on how to delete videos on TikTok using different methods.
Here is How to Delete Videos on TikTok Using the TikTok App:
1. Install the TikTok application on your phone. Search for ‘TikTok’ on Google Play Store or Apple App Store
2. Once the app has launched, open it and enter your login credentials
3. Upon successful login, users will be redirected to their respective homepages.
On the bottom right corner of the screen, click the person icon labeled ‘Me’
4. This will lead you to your profile. Once on your profile, scroll through the videos you have made in the past and select the one you want to delete
5. Click the three horizontal dots found on the side of the video and select ‘Delete’
6. TikTok will ask you to confirm your action. Once confirmed, the video will be deleted from your account for good.
Remember, deleted TikTok videos are automatically removed from the app and will not be stored in a trash folder.
With this, think deliberately before deleting any video from your profile.
How to Delete Videos on TikTok Using a Desktop Browser
For non-mobile users, you may still delete your past videos using TikTok’s web page.
Follow our guide below on how to delete videos on TikTok using a desktop browser:
1. Go to tiktok.com and enter your login credentials
2. After reaching your homepage, go to your TikTok profile
3. Scroll on your videos and click the content you want to delete
4. Click on the three horizontal dots found in the middle right corner of your screen. A pop-up menu will show the next actions you can take
5. Tap the trash icon and confirm your decision. The video will automatically disappear from your profile
Switching to a Private TikTok Account
Deleting a video to avoid soliciting unnecessary reactions is not the only way to go forward.
You can always switch to a private account and continue enjoying making content for yourself and your followers alone.
For those wanting to change their accounts from public to private, this is how to do it:
1. Open your TikTok app and click on the ‘Me’ icon
2. Tap the three horizontal lines found at the top right corner of your screen
3. Select ‘Settings and Privacy.’
4. Scroll down and look for the ‘Privacy’ tab. Upon reaching, turn the ‘Private Account’ on and off toggle to ‘On’
Take note that TikTok business accounts may need to do additional steps to switch their accounts to private mode.
New accounts on TikTok are automatically set to a public mode which means you may need to change your privacy settings to restrict viewers from having access to your videos and updates.
Choosing Between a Public and Private Account
It is hard to choose whether to go private or maintain a public status as these two modes come with advantages and disadvantages.
When a TikTok account is public, you have a higher chance of getting more views on your content, as well as amassing a huge number of followers.
Many content creators have public TikTok accounts and make tons of cash out of it.
Marketers love it when they sponsor videos from public accounts as the reach tends to be higher.
On the downside, public accounts generate a lot of spam comments from fake accounts.
Similarly, they are prime targets of hacking and other forms of malicious actions.
A private account is limited to the view of a user’s friends and followers.
Videos usually generate a limited number of views as they are not shown on the ‘For You’ page on TikTok.
These accounts do not usually get sponsored posts and their main purpose is to have fun making content without the pressure of getting more likes and views.
They also seldom come across spam accounts as they have put restrictions on their viewers, other than their following and followers list.
How to Hide Videos You Liked on TikTok
Videos you have liked in the past are available to the public’s view.
If you don’t want others to see which content you have liked in the past, follow this guide below:
1. Go to your TikTok profile and tap on the three horizontal dots found at the upper right corner of your screen
2. Click ‘Privacy and Settings.’ A pop-up page will show asking you to select the next action to take
3. Click ‘Who Can See the Videos I’ve Liked’ and change it from ‘All’ to ‘Me’
Upon changing, only you can view all the videos you have liked in the past and will like in the future.
This avoids people from figuring out your interests and possibly baiting you with targeted ads
This guide on how to delete videos on TikTok is very easy to follow! It involves just checking a few steps and you are good to go.
While there is no way to delete all TikTok videos in one click, you can always trash them individually without a sweat.
Before deleting anything, think carefully as there is no reverse button on TikTok.