Deleting a social media account can lead to many benefits. It is also very easy to do!
However, there are instances where we cannot do it since we have lost login access to the account we want to delete.
Good thing, Twitter now offers an option to request an account deletion even after losing login credentials.
Don’t worry! It is doable.
Learn how to delete an old Twitter account in less than ten minutes.
Moreover, tune in until the end of the article to know ways to increase your follower base easily.
How to Delete an Old Twitter Account You Cannot Access
Deleting a Twitter account involves easy-to-follow steps.
On the other hand, some people panic after realizing they have forgotten or lost login credentials to their accounts which might hinder them from completing the process.
Despite losing all important information, it is still doable!
Below is a detailed guide on how to delete an old Twitter account you cannot access:
1. Go to Twitter Help Center. To start, go to Twitter’s help center, help.twitter.com. The link will redirect you to the page for no access deletion complaints.
2. Click ‘Account Access’. There will be two options to select from: Contact Us or Account Access. Click the latter.
3. Answer the questions. There will be a series of questions you need to fill in. The answers will come from the drop-down menu found at the end of each question.
- First question: “How can we help you with your account?”
Answer: “I’d like to deactivate or close my account.”
- Second question: “How can we help you with your account?”
Answer: “I don’t have access to the email address or mobile phone number associated with my account.”
4. Select account type. After answering these questions, you will be asked about the type of account you are requesting deletion for, either “personal” or “company.”
5. Enter your Twitter username. While Twitter does not require an email or mobile number, the user has to input the username to help the site identify which account is being requested for deletion.
6. Enter an email address. Twitter will ask for an email address where they can send updates on the request.
7. Describe the problem you are having. Provide more context on the problem, but do not disclose private information such as old passwords.
8. Submit the request. Twitter will contact you with the email you have provided for updates.
Meanwhile, some users with access to their accounts also choose to deactivate their socials at times.
To do this on Twitter, follow the steps below:
1. Click the more icon or the three dots found at the side of your screen.
2. On the drop-down menu, tap ‘Settings and Privacy.’
3. You will be redirected to the Settings page. Click ‘Your account.’
4. At the bottom-most part of the screen you will see ‘Deactivate your account.’
5. Click ‘Deactivate.’ You will be asked to enter your password to proceed. Once done, you will be automatically logged out.
Deactivation vs. Deletion
Deactivation and account deletion is actually very different concepts on social media.
The most common trait that differentiates one from the other is permanence.
Deactivation is temporary. It can last up to 30 days, depending on the time you need off social media.
It is important to take note that you need to log back in before the 30-day time period expires.
If one did not reaccess Twitter within that deactivation period, the account will automatically be deleted for good.
Once the account has been deleted, your username, old tweets, and other information can no longer be accessed as Twitter will remove this account from its system permanently.
Benefits of Deleting an Account
You might feel sad to let go of your hard-earned digital footprint.
On the other hand, there is always light at the end of the tunnel, and deleting an account could bring a lot of benefits to one’s life.
1. Getting More Sleep
Our screens have become our greatest sources of entertainment.
From socials to video streaming applications, people always find the right content to get their time occupied.
On the other hand, excessive screen exposure also leads to a lack of sleep.
Studies show screen time delays the release of melatonin which causes late bedtimes and a night of less quality sleep.
2. It Helps us Focus on Building Relationships
Being off social media actually helps us foster better relationships with peers and strangers alike.
Instead of hiding behind the screen to socialize digitally, people without social media accounts are more likely to initiate traditional ways of communication, like talking–really talking face-to-face.
The Disadvantage of Deleting an Account
On the downside, deleting an account also comes with disadvantages.
Now that businesses and people alike have migrated their day-to-day living on the internet, being off social media could make you the caveman of the 21st century.
Living off the grid will eliminate one’s chance to foster valuable networks and expand knowledge. Take, for example, LinkedIn.
This employment platform is a social networking site that helps millions of people find valuable professional connections and land the jobs of their dreams.
Think twice before deleting your account! There are many things you can gain more than lose.
Deleting a social media account could be both a boon and a bane to one’s social life.
The best thing to do is keep the right balance–maximize its advantages and stay away from overusing any of the digital platforms.
Through sites like Twitter, you will have the chance to expand your network and your brand, gain knowledge, and be in tune with what is happening in today’s society.
Have you enjoyed reading our article on how to delete an old Twitter account you cannot access?
It may sound like a difficult thing to do but Twitter can make it happen with a click.
You may also want to check this link to buy Twitter followers.