When other Instagram users view your profile, one of the first things they’ll see is the photo you’ve chosen to represent yourself.
Many people will make an opinion based on the image; thus, it must be captivating.
You should switch it out if you don’t think the current one is satisfactory.
The question is, “How?” This post will walk you through updating your Instagram profile photo.
How To Change An Instagram Profile Photo On iOS Or Android
First, we’ll discuss how to change your profile picture on Instagram from a mobile phone:
Add A New Instagram Profile Picture On iOS
The Instagram settings allow you to modify your profile picture as follows:
- You should update your Instagram profile picture by opening the app. The picture you’ve set as your profile picture will appear in the bottom right corner; tap it.
- Next, select the Edit Profile option > Change Photo.
- Instagram’s profile photo upload options will appear in a floating menu. You can replace the current image with a new one, import a photo from Facebook, select an existing one from your library, or instantly capture a new one. Choosing from the library is an option, for instance.
- Then, adjust the image’s magnification or position within the circle by dragging its corner handles.
- Tap Done.
Change Your Instagram Profile Pic On Android
Adding a fresh photo as your profile image on Instagram is a similar process on Android:
- Open Instagram and select your profile picture from the menu.
- If you want to change your bio, go to your profile and click the edit button.
- To swap out your profile picture, you’ll want to go to Settings > Profile.
- Click “Change Photo” and then “New.”
- Select an existing image from the gallery, or snap a new one instantly.
- The arrow can be accessed by tapping the top-right corner.
- You may now zoom in or reposition your new profile image within the circle to crop it before publishing it to Instagram. Improve the photo’s appeal by applying a filter and editing the colors.
- To update your profile picture, tap the arrow when it’s ready.
- When you’re finished, press the Finish button.
Change Your Instagram Profile Picture On Desktop
You may update your Instagram profile photo from any computer running Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, or Google Chrome.
- Open Instagram in your preferred web browser. You need to sign in if you haven’t already.
- To access your profile, navigate the Instagram website and click your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- Click on your user icon, and then pick “Settings” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Select “Edit Profile” from the left-hand menu on the “Settings” page.
- Click “Change Profile Photo” on the right side of the screen, beneath your Instagram handle.
- When prompted to “Change Profile Photo,” choose “Upload Photo.”
The regular “open file” window will pop up on your screen. Using this window, find the location of the folder containing your new image, and then pick it.
And instantly, Instagram will replace your profile photo with the one you just picked. You may now kick back and wait for comments on your updated photo.
Why Can’t I Change My Profile Picture On Instagram?
Several diverse (but easily remedied) factors can prevent you from updating your profile picture:
If you think it might be an Instagram issue, you can always log out and back in to see if it helps. If the issue continues after that, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the program.
Perhaps the image format is not compatible with this device.
For profile photographs, for instance, you can use the more common image formats like.jpeg and.png, but animated files like.gif won’t function.
Third-party programs (such as follow/unfollow trackers) may be causing problems, in which case you may need to uninstall them.
It’s also possible that Instagram is experiencing technical difficulties, in which case the best course of action is to try again later.
The Final Thoughts
There is no more important first impression on Instagram than your profile image. If you want to keep things interesting, you need to switch it up every so often.
Ensure your current image isn’t preventing you from making new connections, whether you’re using the app on your phone or PC.
Changing your profile photo on Instagram is as simple as downloading the Instagram app or visiting the Instagram website.