In this article, let us find out how many people use Snapchat in 2023 and which country has the highest number of the app’s audience.
Digital entertainment has never seen a digital transformation until Snapchat entered the market more than 10 years ago.
Since then, the Snap community enjoyed various sources of entertainment, including editing photos and videos using augmented reality technology.
How Many People Use Snapchat in 2023?
As of the first quarter of 2022, Snapchat has reached 332 million daily active users.
This number is a sharp upgrade from its 280 million daily active users during the same period in 2021.
How many people use Snapchat in 2023 is thanks to its continuous investment in new technologies that enhances user experience.
The platform has reimagined instant messaging as no other site did in the past or even in the present.
Users can creatively edit their images using state-of-the-art technologies and post them on their pages or privately send them to friends.
Technology analysts consider the platform as a gamechanger in the messaging market as it is among the earliest platforms that introduced users to messaging with the use of mobile devices.
Before its arrival, the majority of people are solely using desktop messaging sites.
Overall, Snapchat is hailed as a pioneer in online digital messaging and has changed the way people communicate using the internet forever.
Snapchat’s User Count History
It is not an instant success for Snapchat, but it has managed to record a steady growth over the past years leading to today.
Take a look at its user count history from 2014 to 2022.
- 2014 – 57 million total active users
- 2015 – 86 million total active users
- 2016 – 143 million total active users
- 2017 – 173 million total active users
- 2018 – 188 million total active users
- 2019 – 203 million total active users
- 2020 – 238 million total active users
- 2021 – 293 million total active users
- 2022 – 332 million total active users
Snapchat’s user count added more than 50 million new users between 2020 to 2021.
This is by far its second strongest user growth, with the top spot occupied by the period between 2015 to 2016.
All About Snapchat
Snapchat is a free-to-use mobile application whose core focus is on instant messaging.
On the other hand, the platform is also heavily used to process images and short videos in an entertaining way, such as adding filters, backgrounds, and avatars, among others.
It was launched in 2011 and now operates under its parent company Snap Inc. which trades publicly with the ticker symbol “SNAP” on the New York Stock Exchange.
Snapchat is one of the world’s most popular social networking apps, along with the world’s most-successful applications namely Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, TikTok, and Telegram.
Snapchat Total User Count by Country
Snapchat’s popularity varies from one country to another.
Although it is very popular back in its home country, the United States, India has a higher user count compared to it.
Below are the Top 10 Countries with the Highest Number of Snapchat Users.
- India – 106 million Snapchat users. The country takes up more than 30% of the app’s total user count
- United States – 88 million Snapchat users
- France – 24 million Snapchat users
- United Kingdom – 21 million Snapchat users
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – 20 million Snapchat users
- Pakistan – 17 million Snapchat users
- Mexico – 16 million Snapchat users
- Germany – 14 million Snapchat users
- Iraq and Egypt – two countries tied at the 9th spot, both showing a total of 12 million Snapchat users
- Turkey – 10 million Snapchat users
Snapchat Total User Count by Region
Now that we know India takes the top spot when it comes to the countries with the highest number of Snapchat users, we move to the data on its user count by region of the world in 2021.
- North America – the region makes up 33% of Snapchat’s total user base, translating to 95 million daily active users. This percentage is a sharp downgrade from the North American market occupied 61% of the app’s user count
- Europe – the region makes up 27% of Snapchat’s total user base, translating to 75 million daily active users. The European continent has steadily maintained its market share, keeping it close to between 26% to 33% from 2013 to 2021
- Asia and the rest of the world – the regions of Asia, Africa, Australia, and South America collectively make up 50% of Snapchat’s total user base, translating to 120 million daily active users
Snapchat User Demographics by Age and Gender
Below is detailed data on Snapchat’s user demographics, clustered by age and gender.
Female Snapchat Users
- 13 to 17 years old – 11.9%
- 18 to 20 years old – 10.4%
- 21 to 24 years old – 9.4%
- 25 to 34 years old – 11.5%
- 35 to 49 years old – 8.4%
- 50+ years old – 2.4%
Male Snapchat Users
- 13 to 17 years old – 8.4%
- 18 to 20 years old – 9.2%
- 21 to 24 years old – 8.8%
- 25 to 34 years old – 9.7%
- 35 to 49 years old – 4.7%
- 50+ years old – 1.1%
Snapchat has more female users than males. The age group 13 to 17 years old under the female category generated the highest percentage of 11.9%.
Snapchat has undeniably changed the way people exchange messages using creative filters and entertaining emojis.
Amid the heavy competition in the instant messaging market, it still managed to climb a spot among the most popular social media platforms available today.
Thanks to its active young user demographics, Snapchat is always alive and ready to entertain users wherever they are in the world.
We hope you enjoyed reading our article about how many people use Snapchat in 2023.