Want to increase conversions for your WordPress online store?
Build greater customer loyalty and retention with a set-and-forget rule? Increase engagement with your blog content?
You can achieve all of those goals with a targeted email marketing campaigns – and to do that, you’ll need a proper email marketing service to grow your list and manage your campaigns.
There are many to choose from, so to help you make a choice we’ve reviewed the best email marketing services for WordPress users…
While some businesses owners may nowadays shy away from email marketing services and campaigns – mistakenly thinking it’s an outdated approach – for most businesses, email marketing is still the most powerful and effective tool in terms of return on investment, generating online conversions, and increasing customer loyalty.
Why are email marketing campaigns still so effective?
Because – unlike some other popular digital marketing tools, which can often feel like winking at a girl or guy in the dark – emails can be highly targeted (audience segmentation!), action-oriented (include those calls to action!), and measurable (try some A/B testing to see which kinds of emails deliver the best results for your audience!).
5 Steps to Email Marketing Success
Want to get started with email marketing?
Before you choose your email marketing service provider, consider the five steps you’ll need to follow to get the most out of your campaigns…
Build your database
You may already have a database, and you may be starting from scratch.
Regardless, there are some very simple things you can do to build and grow your mailing list:
- Add a Subscribe from, pop-up or button to your website
- Encourage current customers to sign up for updates when you email them purchase confirmations
- Ask customers to sign up when they visit your bricks-and-mortar store
- Invite your social media fans and followers to subscribe
- Offer a really useful piece of content that your readers can download when they sign up for emails
Create a strategy
When it comes to email marketing, winging it is not a strategy!
Think carefully about what you want to achieve by sending emails to your database, and then craft your campaigns around that goal.
Do you want to increase sales?
Foster a sense of community?
Create a greater level of engagement?
Keep you eye on the prize, and consider your goals when creating each and every campaign you send.
Produce great content
Whether you’re a writer or not, you can create great content that supports your goals and drives conversions (whether the conversion you’re aiming for is a sale, a click, a download, or something else).
Brevity is key, so keep your email content snappy and succinct, and be sure to include at least one image that grabs your readers’ attention and keeps them scrolling for more information.
Focus on proving information and offers that are interesting, relevant, timely, and valuable, and you’ll be destined for great results.
Find the right platform
There are a ton of different email marketing platforms out there for bloggers and businesses, and the one you choose will likely boil down to your needs, technological savvy, and your budget.
Are you looking for a free platform with pre-built templates? Or is your priority customization and automation, both things offered by a highly reviewed platform like Flodesk?
We’ll be covering 6 of the best email marketing services for WordPress users in more detail below, so read on for our top picks.
Measure your results
The golden rule of effective marketing – for any platform or medium – is analysis, tracking, and adjusting course where necessary to continue improving your results.
For email marketing, it’s vital to measure key insights such as your opens and click-through rates, as well as things like top links clicked (to see which content and offers are most interesting to your readers), and unsubscribes (to determine whether certain types of emails result in more unsubscribes than others).
7 Email Marketing Services for WordPress Users in 2024
Ready to find the perfect email marketing service platform?
We’ve got the skinny on the seven best email marketing services to cover a range of needs, abilities, goals and budgets.
We’ve ranked these from the most affordable to the most expensive, based on their basic plan/ package.
SendX has been consistently getting excellent reviews on comparison sites and making a name for itself in the email marketing service industry.
Thanks to its extremely affordable pricing plans, and an easy to use interface, SendX is trusted by more than 3000 customers who are using it creating high-quality drip sequences and newsletters to grow their businesses while being revenue-efficient.
The pricing starts at $7.49/mo.
- Send Unlimited Email Campaigns (Across All Pricing Tiers)
- Build Your Email List with forms and pop-ups
- Automation Tools to automate your campaigns.
- Design with Drag & Drop Email Editor (no coding required)
- Best Of Breed Email Deliverability (get emails delivered in the primary inbox)
- Free Migration Service (SendX will migrate your email marketing account from any ESP for free)
- 24×7 Live Support via Chat and Email (near instant replies)
- Email templates library to help make beautiful emails without having to rely on a developer.
SendX is the cheapest option. The lowest plan is priced at $7.49/mo when paid annually, or $9.99/mo when paid monthly.
As you contact size increase, you’re promoted to higher pricing tiers, but these are very competitive compared to others listed here. You can get started and test out SendX for free with a 14-day free trial.
What’s in it for WordPress Users?
SendX offers more than 25 integrations with popular services.
And that includes a dedicated plugin for WordPress as well. Installing the plugin will enable you to add pop-ups, and forms on your website via SendX, without you having to rely on a developer.
Last year, MailChimp helped 15 million people and businesses around the world send more than 250 billion emails.
Having recently introduced Facebook and Instagram ads and free automations for all users, MailChimp is one of the most popular email marketing services for small businesses and entrepreneurs, thanks largely to its free service offering.
- E-commerce integrations for targeted email and automated product follow-ups
- Targeting based on behavior, preferences, and previous sales
- Built-in segmentation to build custom rules
- In-depth reporting insights
- In-built templates and drag and drop designer for customization
- Multi-user account options
- Collaborative editing and comments
- Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns
- Custom forms
- Subscriber profiles
Businesses with less than 2000 subscribers can send up to 12,000 emails each month, FREE, forever.
Users with larger databases or looking for additional premium features can also choose from a level of tiers in MailChimp’s Growing Business plan.
This is priced is from $20 a month for unlimited emails to up to 1500 subscribers, up to $35 a month for unlimited emails to up to 2600 subscribers.
Users who need an enterprise-level package with even more features can add the Pro Marketer subscription to any plan for an additional $199 each month.
MailChimp also offers pay-as-you-go options for users who prefer prepaid credits to monthly subscriptions. You can purchase as few as 300 email credits for $9.00, up to 7500 credits for $150.
What’s In It for WordPress Users?
Browse the MailChimp Integrations Directory and you’ll find 40+ integrations for WordPress users available.
These include the official MailChimp List Subscribe Form plugin (designed by the team at MailChimp), which is designed to help WP users quickly add a MailChimp signup form widget to their WordPress 2.8 or higher site.
This plugin has more than 100,000 active installs, a 3/5 star average user rating, and was last updated 6 months ago.
Other third-party plugins to check out include…
- MailChimp for WordPress: 90,000+ active installs, 5/5 star average user rating, last updated 2 weeks ago
- Easy Forms for MailChimp: 60,000+ active installs, 4.5/5 star average user rating, last updated 2 weeks ago
- MailChimp Forms by MailMunch: 60,000+ active installs, 4.5/5 star average user rating, last updated 3 months ago
- Contact Form 7 MailChimp Extension: 50,000+ active installs, 4/5 star average user rating, last updated 2 weeks ago
MailChimp offers a range of learning resources for new users, and existing users looking to make the most of this service.
Used by high-profile businesses including Ikea, Hilton and Avon, GetResponse is self-described as the “world’s easiest email marketing service platform”, helping more than 350,000 small businesses and brands create and send email marketing campaigns with a simple drag-and-drop editor.
- Suite of email marketing and online campaign management tools
- Marketing automation with fully scalable workflows via a drag-and-drop creator
- Track subscriber behavior in real time and react to completed purchases, abandoned carts and more
- Landing page creation, with a focus on conversions
- Hundreds of newsletter templates to choose from
- iStock library integration
- Custom signup forms and handy list building apps
- Intuitive surveys to learn more about new contacts, and fine-tune messages
- Built-in integrations such as custom fields, tags, filtering, list hygiene and scoring
- Advanced analytics and A/B testing
- Inbox preview and spam checker
GetResponse offers a range of scalable plans, starting from $15 a month for one user sending emails to up to 1000 recipients, through to $999 per month for 10 users sending emails to 100,000+ recipients.
Their most popular Pro plan is $49 a month, for three users to send emails to up to 5000 recipients.
Users who pay for plans in advance receive an 18% discount for 12-months prepaid, and 30% for 24 months prepaid.
What’s In It for WordPress Users?
GetResponse offers great WordPress integration – allowing users to take advantage of visitor and customer interest, and invite them to subscribe.
Create a web form with the GetResponse form builder, and add it to your site in a few simple steps to turn your WP blog, website or online store visitors and customers into highly engaged subscribers.
Learn more about WordPress Integration via the GetResponse website.
You can trial GetResponse free for 30 days to see if their system is right for you.
4. Constant Contact
Helping more than 600,000 customers worldwide meet their email marketing goals, Constant Contact combines affordable and user-friendly tools – making it one of the most popular email marketing services currently available.
Constant Contact Features
- Customizable email templates
- Simple drag-and-drop editor
- Automated emails (such as birthday messages)
- Simple contact management
- Real-time tracking and insights
- Surveys and polls
- Social media integration
- Stock image integration (free and paid images via Bigstock)
Constant Contact Pricing
Constant Contact’s basic service starts from $20 per month for up to 500 contacts, up to $95 per month for up to 10,000 contacts.
Their premium service starts from $45 per month for up to 500 contacts, up to $125 per month for up to 10,000 contacts.
Users can get 10% off the cost of their chosen service when they pre-pay 6 months in advance, or $15% off for 12-months prepaid. Pricing is for unlimited emails to your database.
What’s In It for WordPress Users?
Constant Contact Forms is the official plugin developed for WordPress – designed to help you collect email addresses, contact info, event sign-ups, and visitor feedback.
This plugin has 80,000+ active installs, a 3/5 star average user rating, and was last updated three weeks ago.
You can try Constant Contact free for up to 60 days.
Built by bloggers, for bloggers, ConvertKit is the niche email marketing service many WP users have been waiting for.
Self-described as “email marketing service for professional bloggers”, ConvertKit’s philosophy is about providing “simple, elegant sending with the automation and tagging features that you actually need as a professional blogger”.
- Easy-to-embed, customizable opt-in forms
- Homepage dashboard reporting and insights
- Drag-and-drop sequence builder for personalized automated emails
- Organize subscribers from one list with tags and segments
- Focus on simplicity, with text-based emails
ConvertKit starts from just $29 a month for up to 1000 subscribers, up to $79 a month for 3000 – 5000 subscribers.
For larger databases, you can easily calculate a custom price from their website. Pricing is for unlimited emails to your database.
What’s In It for WordPress Users?
ConvertKit offers more than 30 integrations to popular services, including a dedicated plugin for WordPress users that allows you to quickly and easily (no coding knowledge required) add ConvertKit forms to the bottom of any page or post on your WP blog without.
This plugin has 10,000+ active installs, and was updated just one week ago.
Want to try before you buy? You can request a demo to give it a whirl risk-free.
6. Keap (formerly Infusionsoft)
Update: Keap is the new name for Infusionsoft. This change has also bought about some changes to the positioning of the product.
Though one of the more expensive options in our list, Keap combines customer relationship management (CRM), marketing automation, e-commerce, payments, and analytics into one platform, with the aim to provide small business owners and entrepreneurs insights into what’s happening with customers at every stage in the lifecycle.
- Customer relationship management to import and organize contacts with tagging and segmentation
- Track engagement and customize follow-up messages based on customer profiles
- Collect data about contact behaviors and prioritize leads that are ready to buy
- Marketing automation so you can engage your audience with personalized, automated follow-ups
- Trigger personalized emails based on opens, clicks, form submissions, and payment history
- Set up online shopping carts and manage your online store, inventory, fulfillment, and billing from a single system
- Calculate current and projected revenues with high-level analytics
Keap has a tiered pricing model ranging from $39-99/month for up to 500 contacts.
Pricing does go up from there if your business is likely to have more than 500 client contacts.
In addition new users can also opt into a new user coaching service which starts at $199 or $499 depending on the level of service you are looking for. The
What’s In It for WordPress Users?
The Keap Official Opt-in Forms plugin allows WP users to add one of seven types of email list-builders to your WordPress website, including popup opt-in forms, slide-in opt-in forms, widget opt-in forms, protected content opt-in forms, below content opt-in forms, inline opt-in forms, and a notification/opt-in bar.
Integrating with WordPress, users can find out how opt-in forms are performing right inside the Keap dashboard.
Keap offers online, webinar and one-on-one demos so you can further explore the software and service.
7. Campaign Monitor
We didn’t cover Campaign Monitor originally only because we had not used it ourselves, but it does come highly recommended by many bloggers with a 4.1 Star rating on G2Crowd and a 4.5 Star rating on Capterra.
It was an oversight not to include Campaign Monitor from the outset.
Campaign Monitor has all the features you would expect from a fully fledged email marketing platform, and distinguishes itself with a real focus on simplicity, we love the visual journey designer which makes it easy to visualize and implement follow up sequences to guide your subscribers toward a goal.
Campaign Monitor Features
- Drag and drop email designer with hundreds of professionally designed starter templates
- Visual customer journey designer
- Content personalization
- Super granular segmentation capabilities
- Easy and flexible optin forms and popups to match the look and feel of your site
- Full campaign analytics suite
- Built in integrations with hundreds of CRM and CMS tools, including WordPress and WooCommerce
- Transactional email. Take advantage of Campaign Monitors expertise to ensure your transactional emails are delivered and tracked just like you campaign emails.
- 24/7 Customer Support
Campaign Monitor Pricing
You can sign up for free, but Campaign Monitor doesn’t have a free tier.
This allows you to start building your list, but once you start sending email you will need to subscribe to one of their 3 tiers:
- Basic – starts at $9/mth – Essential features including analytics and basic marketing automation features. Support via email only.
- Unlimited – starts at $29/mth – Basic features, plus advanced automations, time zone scheduling, spam testing and priority support via email.
- Premier – starts at $149 – All their advanced features including send time optimization, advanced link tracking, template management for teams and priority support via email and phone.
What’s in it for WordPress webmasters?
The official Campaign Monitor plugin makes it easy to integrate Campaign Monitor into your existing website.
Once connected to your CM account you’ll be able to create custom optin forms right from the WordPress admin on your site.
These can be inline forms on pages and posts, or in a sidebar, or they can be popups, slide-outs, bars or button activated. You can even A/B split test different forms to see which converts best.
Using another email marketing service you think other WordPress should know about? Give us your picks in the comments below.