Need Help? Check out our WordPress help desk.
We’re really excited about our latest theme, Magazino. It is a pretty straight forward theme suited to magazine style blogs with a real focus on the imagery on the home page and archive pages. NB: For images to show up on the home page you must set the featured images for each post.
Magazino supports all the usual WordPress features like custom menus and widgets, and we’ve added some features which are often requested, like the ability to upload your own logo in place of the default text based title AND the ability to choose any color scheme you like. Literally you can use the color picker to change the main theme color to anything.
- Automatic image resizing and positioning for the slider and grid thumbnails. For each post the theme will first look for a featured image and use that for the slider and grid thumbanils, if there is no featured image it will look for the first image in the post content itself. Which ever image it uses it will automatically resize and position it as best it can for the slider and the grid. These two views have quite different proportions so we recommend you do not crop your featured images for the slider specifically because they will not look great in the grid view. Best just to upload a good sized version of an uncropped image in “regular” photo dimensions. It is impossible to do this perfectly for every image, but this will give the best results.
- The best way to control what is featured on the home page is to check the sticky post box for those posts you want in the slider.
- You can control various elements of the theme using the Customize options. Here you can do the following:
- Choose the primary theme color using the handy color picker.
- Upload your own logo to replace the standard text title
- Enter the URL for each of your social profiles. These will appear as icons in the header.
- Control the behaviour of the home page slider. You can set it to auto-advance, the delay on auto-advance as well as the slide effect (horizontal by default, vertical, tile slides or even a blind effect)
- To find the customize options login to your site and visit the home page. In the WP Admin menu bar at the top of the page hover over your site name and you’ll see a drop down including “Customize”, choose this option.
- The default theme language is English. You can also download the lang file in German (thanks to Björn).
If you are new to WordPress you should read our guide to creating your own website.
If you like this theme please help us get the word out but sharing on G+, Facebook and Twitter. Every little mention is much appreciated.